Students interested in internship opportunities with Voices for Children / CASA of Southeast Missouri, Inc. must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism. Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications is required.
Intern Responsibilities Include:
- Build relationships with media outlets – what can we do as a non-profit organization
- Create / refresh literature and handouts
- Facebook – build followers, manage posts (under Director’s guidance), develop original and fresh story ideas and content, create, promote and boost fundraising events
- Assist with website updates (under Director’s guidance)
- Assist with any PR and marketing materials for speaking engagements, fairs, etc.
- Assist Director and Volunteer Coordinators prepare for speaking events; attend and help set up for speaking engagements
- Research, coordinate speaking engagement opportunities in the counties we serve (Cape, Bollinger, Mississippi, Perry and Scott)
- Create and distribute press releases
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org