Being A Volunteer
Being a Volunteer
Voices for Children/CASA Volunteers play a vital role in determining the future of child victims of abuse and neglect for whom they advocate. Many more volunteers are needed to allow us to provide voices for the growing number of children who are in care! Each child needs a voice in the system and a caring adult who has their best interest at heart and is willing and able to ensure that the Court is apprised of the pertinent facts of the case so that the most informed decision can be made on behalf of each child’s future.
In our Judicial Circuits today there is a great need for volunteers to serve as voices for children in the system.
Qualifications are as follows:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be willing to commit 5-10 hours per month for at least 18 months
- Be willing to represent the best interest of the child
- Be willing to submit monthly reports in a timely fashion
Must NOT be:
- A current employee of Missouri Children’s Division or the Juvenile Office
- A current foster parent